Kanthari international welcomes participants over 22 years of age who have overcome significant life challenges ranging from vision impairment, disability, poverty, war, discrimination, and exploitation. They could also be witnesses to social situations they wish to change so others do not suffer.
They should have a passion to make the world a better place and the strength to be forces of good rather than be victims of circumstance.
Kanthari International’s seven month program will help participants develop all necessary skills to succeed as social innovators/entrepreneurs. Please see Curriculum for processes and outcomes of the course. Selected Participants will qualify for a scholarship provided by our donors to cover the training fee and accommodation. All travel fees and incidental expenses will be the responsibility of the participants. Please find answers in the FAQ section for Admissions/Qualifications, Financial Matters, Curriculum, Campus Life, Computers/Software, Medical Concerns, Miscellaneous.
The deadline for receiving applications for the 2013 Kanthari course is 15-DEC-2012
- Step 1: Application via online application form
In which kanthari International gets a clear understanding of you, your project and vision for social change.
- Step 2: Initial interview
In which our intake team will interview you over Skype to get a feel for your passion and clarity in regards to your chosen project. We will also answer any questions you may have about the program and application process.
- Step 3: Write up of an Essay
In which you write about your history, your challenges, how you have dealt with these, and about your vision for social change.
- Step 4: Follow up Interview:
This Skype interview will be conducted by a psychologist to determine your suitability for this very intense course by building a personality profile.
- Step 5: Final interview
This Skype interview will be done with the management of kanthari International before a final selection decision is made.
There will be additional assignments to be completed before arrival in India.
Before applying, ask yourself, am I willing:
- To be committed, 100%, to making my goals/dreams/vision and social project come true continuing even after I complete the program?
- To come to the institute with a spirit of integrity, mutual respect, exchange, contribution and teamwork?
- To help others achieve their goals and develop their skills in the areas which I consider myself an expert?
- To participate in all activities giving my best every time in terms of my knowledge experience effort creativity and talent?
- To spend 7 months of my life in a developing country working intensively on developing my social entrepreneurship and leadership skills?
Only if the answer is YES to all the above questions you are a potential
candidate and we would encourage you to apply for the Kanthari program. Click here to apply. Goodluck.