You can register to be a virtual delegate at the ICPD Beyond 2014 Global Youth Forum Addis Ababa HERE
From 30th September – 4th October representatives of governments, civil society and youth networks representing African Union member States will gather in Addis Ababa to review progress towards the goals of the ICPD Programme of Action.
They will agree a set of priorities to address gaps, challenges and new issues for the region in relation to
- responding to population changes – such as a growing or declining youth populations – in ways that protect individual human rights;
- advancing gender equality and empowerment of women;
- promoting sexual and reproductive health, including maternal health;
- increasing access to education, especially for girls;
- dealing with issues around urbanization, migration and environment;
- making sure that everyone experiences the benefit of sustainable economic development; and
- promoting civil society participation.
From the 24th-25th September, representatives from African youth organisations will gather and identify their regional priorities. Their recommendations will be presented to government representatives as part of the formal conference discussions.
You can use the Global Youth Forum Website to add your voice to theirs and help make sure that the needs of young people throughout Africa are at the heart of development.